www.flickr.com
james forlife's items Go to james forlife's photostream

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What?

Here is what I'm bringing:












(Click to enlarge...I didn't want to resize, wannafightaboutit?)

- Backpack + detachable day bag (Canadian flag courtesy of my mother). I think this was a medium sized bag, not sure the actual size. There is also a compass + thermometer (with wind chill factor chart on the back) on the zipper
- Waterproof jacket
- 2 weeks-ish of clothes. (Long sleeve shirts, shorts, pants, etc. Underwear and socks not pictured)
- 2 bandannas (All the sites I read told me to bring bandannas, not sure why.... and I'm a bit of a hipster. #ArcadeFire)
- Sunglasses, I have terrible sunglasses.
- International plug adapters (that little black bag)
- Silk sleeping sack (white ball)
- Camera charger

Not pictured:
- Camera (lul)
- MedKit (it's pretty boss, THANKS MOM!)
- Toiletries (Tons of small shampoos + soaps, 3 toothbrushes, 4 small toothpastes, various pills, and some other stuff)
- Small microfiber towel
- Water shoes
- Lightweight hiking shoes
- Awesome hat
- New Zealand + Australia Lonely Planets
- Some books
- +some other cool stuff (Documents, ID, etc)

I think that's all. I basically just Googled "How to pack for around the world trip" and opened up about five of them and compiled what I thought I needed. Even though I will be traveling mostly in warmer weather I still opted to bring long sleeves/pants, for bugs and such (not trying to get DAT malaria).

No comments: